DAY 2 – 07 March
09:00 – 09:30 Welcome and Registrations
09:00 – 09:30 Opening Speech
Christian Westermeier, President, SolarPower Europe
09:30 – 09:45 Keynote Speech:
Miguel Arias Cañete, Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy, European Commission*
09:45 – 10:30 HIGH-LEVEL SOLAR INDUSTRY FORUM - IS EUROPE READY TO BECOME AN INDUSTRIAL LEADER?
By spring 2019, the European Parliament and Council will have finalized negotiations on the “Clean energy package”, the biggest set of European legislation on energy Policy in the last 10 years. Has the Clean Energy package achieved this objective from the perspective of European policy makers and business leaders? And what are the next step for Europe’s clean energy industrial strategy?
- Reflect on the main transformations put forward by the Clean Energy Package and its impact on Europe’s energy transition
- Define the contours of Europe’s next big challenges on energy policy, in the frame of the next European mandate
10:30 – 11:15 Breakout session 1: THE ENERGY WORLD THROUGH DIGITAL SOLAR & STORAGE Breakout session 2: BIPV – BUILDING SMARTER AND GREENER EUROPEAN CITIES Breakout session 3: WILL ECODESIGN MAKE OR BREAK THE SOLAR INDUSTRY?
Input Presentation: "When Solar goes Digital"
Sonia Dunlop - Senior Policy Advisor for SolarPower Europe
The EU has agreed new rules for the Energy Performance of Buildings, meaning that Members States must act to prepare the path towards a low and zero-emission building stock in the EU by 2050. BIPV solutions are therefore a natural ally to accelerate this transformation and responds to the needs and constraints faced by smarter and greener cities.
SolarPower Europe’s and ETIP PV study on BIPV and Smart cities offers a comprehensive vision of how cities, mayors, city planners, architects, construction sector and financing sector must interact to make possible BIPV taking over our cities.
11:15 – 11:45 Coffee Break
11:45 – 12:45
Breakout session 1: SOLAR MOBILITY - SOLAR IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT Breakout session 2: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL OF LARGE-SCALE SOLAR IN EUROPE Breakout session 3: LATEST TRENDS AND INNOVATIONS IN SOLAR O&M
Panel: TBC Panel: TBC
12:45 – 14:15 Networking Lunch
14:15 – 15:15 Breakout session 1: EMERGING MARKETS - A NEW ELDORADO FOR SOLAR BUSINESSES Breakout session 2: CAN CORPORATES SUPPORT THE ACHIEVEMENT OF EUROPE’S 32% RENEWABLE TARGET?
Moderator: Máté Heisz, Business Analyst, SolarPower Europe
Corporate PPAs and corporate sourcing are one of the big mega trends in the European renewables market over the next five years. This is a phenomenon that started in the United States and is now coming to Europe.
- How can we make sure that the corporate sourcing market develops in a way that drives new PV deployment?
- How can we ensure additionality and ensure that demand for more renewable electricity entails more demand for renewable installations?
- How can we dissuade actors in the market from using ‘empty’ GO’s and redirect the market towards on-site and near-site PV, as the most fool-proof way of consuming renewable power?
15:15 - 16:15 Closing Speech and Networking drinks
Closing Speech: Bruce Douglas, Deputy CEO and COO, SolarPower Europe
>>>GO TO DAY 1